Sunday, September 30, 2012

OMG Bar Results

Not today, but tomorrow.  Or at midnight.  Soon.

I'll know in just a few hours if I passed the bar or not.  For the most part, I have ignored the bar since I took it in July.  I don't think about it, don't talk about, and certainly don't worry about it.  What is done is done.

And then I started this job.  The bar is something that all lawyers can talk about.  No matter when they took it, the horror was similar.  It's a great conversation piece when you have nothing else to talk about.  And it tends to come up when you are just out of law school and meeting other lawyers for the first time.  You know, like when you just started at a new court and are meeting new lawyers every thirty seconds?

I've gotten into the habit of hedging my bets.  I tell everyone that I meet that I really shouldn't have worked this summer, and that if I don't pass I certainly know why.  Which is definitely all true.  But I say that in case I don't pass.  And that is a possibility folks.  If I don't pass, I've already brought this up, so it should be easier, no?

So that's where I've been.  Until today.  Today?  I'm this guy.


I should already be in bed.  I have tons to do tomorrow.  But, instead of that, I just keep sitting at my computer.  And now, it's already 11:00 pm.  So I feel like I should just wait until midnight and stalk like crazy, no?  Ugh.


No comments:

Post a Comment